JUNE SPECIAL! 20% OFF Jan Marini SPF 45!!
Ditch your foundation!!
Perfect and protect your skin while having fun in the sun with Jan Marini Physical Protectant SPF 45! This weightless sunscreen features a universal tint and microscopic oil absorbing particles for additional oil control with a sheer, matte finish.
Girls just wanna have Funds
On a daily basis I help "girls" with finances associated with the practice of aesthetics. Third party reimbursement or "insurance" is not an option to cover any procedure or product. Payments must be made by cash, cashiers check or credit cards (Visa, Master Card and Discover). Care Credit is another option that many or our patients find very attractive. It is a medical credit card that may be used for most all medical needs, i.e. dentist, veterinarian, and eye doctor, etc. We even have a local bank that offers a very nice alternative with a 12 month no interest credit card. There is no office financing. Typically every year as income tax time approaches our phone rings with excited voices planning their procedure pending their refund check.
Discretionary spending (money available for non-essentials) has changed. The price of the essentials...gas, food, housing, etc, has increased. Income has not risen to keep up, thus allowing less for the non-essentials. It is obvious to me that girls consider the funds necessary to make them feel better about themselves a priority, and are willing to make sacrifices to reach their goal. My advice is to become as educated as possible about the procedure, cheaper does not mean better, it may cost more in the long run. It is imperative to understand exactly what is involved with any financing (there are some shady characters out there). Anything that sounds to good to be true probably is. Interest rates vary, make sure you understand everything you sign! Be smart ladies! Girls who make smart financial decisions always have FUNDS!
Martha Hahus-Clinical Nurse Coordinator
CARECREDIT: The look you want. Within your monthly budget!
CareCredit, what is it? Well, funny you should ask, because I have the answer. Think of CareCredit as your own beauty and health care credit care. It is a dedicated resource to pay for elective procedures not covered by insurance. It can be used for cosmetic procedures, BOTOX, fillers, skin care payments, all of which we offer in our office! CareCredit is super easy to use, applying only takes a few minutes and you'll get a decision almost immediately. You can apply online or call and they will walk you through it, and, if you are in our office and want to apply I will be happy to do it for you! Also, do you have a smart phone? If so you can scan the QR code provided on the brochure and apply via phone. With all of these different options available, there is no reason why someone who could benefit from this service should not have it.
How is a CareCredit card different from other credit cards that are available? They make it easy to build beauty into your monthly budget. Once you have your card, you can use it as often as you want, without reapplying, as long as you have available credit. They offer several payment options to meet your needs and give you flexibility. However, not all promotional options are available at all enrolled practices. For example, we only accept the no interest if paid in full within 6 months, or any of the fixed monthly payments bases on repayment over 24,36,48 or 60 months.
We want to make beauty easy and affordable with just click, click, click. So, to do that we have a link to the CareCredit website on the home page of www.beautifultoo.com. Just follow the steps, and you will quickly be on your way, however, if you have any questions or concerns please call our office and I will be happy to assist you on your way to feeling beautiful too!
Hair Tips to Live By
There are certain hairstyles that we ALL wish we could take back (80s perm anyone?). But, below is a list put together by Lucky Magazine of 5 hair tips to always and forever live by:
1) Blow-dry side to side rather than (or in addition to) upside down for volume
2) Your hair will be shinier if your final rinse is with cold water
3) A ton of water is necessary when shampooing your hair. Otherwise shampoo neither gets in or out of hair well, leaving it duller than dull
4) Braids are sexy, cute and the only acceptable form of pigtail
5) Beachy waves are always sexy
Keep these things in mind the next time you are getting ready for a night out. Beautiful, sexy hair is never a bad thing.
the truth behind hydration
With so many beverage choices to choose from today, it is hard to determine whether or not you are getting enough fluids to satisfy your body. It is especially important to stay hydrated during the heat of the summer which we are experiencing in full force right now. Not only that, but getting your daily allotment of fluids can help you feel and even look better. Below are some truths behind the "rules" of hydration:
- You don't really need eight glasses of water each day. It is actually recommended that women have about 11 1/2 cups and men have 15 1/2 cups of fluid daily. But, about 20% of this will come from the food you eat.
- Drinking coffee does NOT make you dehydrated. So eight ounces of coffee is still eight ounces of fluid, and every ounce counts.
- Water alone is not a weight loss aid. What it can do, however, is ensure you are not mistaking thirst for hunger. Having a zero calorie beverage with your meal can help slow down your food intake.
- Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink. It is very important to sip on fluids throughout the day so that you do not suffer from dehydration.
- You can drink too much water. Our kidneys can process no more than 1 liter per hour, so do not drink too much at once.
- You don't need a sports drink every time you exercise. If you are working out intensely and sweating profusely, than a sports drink can come in handy. Otherwise your body probably already has all the carbs and electrolytes it needs.
- Your body does NOT have to work harder to absorb cold water. Therefore cold water is no better for you than warm water, but it does taste better so go ahead and add the ice.
- All plain bottle water is basically the same. The only difference is the source from which it is taken. Some water may come from natural springs, others are imported, etc.