Valentine's Day Botox Special!
Valentine's Day is synonymous with love, roses, chocolate and BEAUTY! Everyone wants to feel that they look absolutely breath-taking on Valentine's day and that their significant other will not be able to take their eyes off of them. Well, Conkright Aesthetics is going to make sure that this happens! Starting Monday, February 11th we will be offering $100 off Botox instantly, plus, thanks to Allergan you will have the opportunity to receive up to $325 off future Botox treatments.
So, here are some reasons to have Botox treatments, as if the fact that looking AMAZING isn't enough.
1. Botox produces almost impressive results within just a couple of days, and who has the time to wait for that facial cream to kick in.
2. Botox treatments are a wonderful intermediary option for those who want to look younger but are not ready to invest the money yet in a more permanent surgical solution.
3. Botox treatments requires hardly any down time. In fact, the only recovery instructions generally given are to avoid lying down for a couple of hours or massaging the injection sites.
4. Botox treatments at Conkright Aesthetics are injected at localized sites with precision and expertise so that any potential discomfort is literally as minimal as a pin prick. The procedure takes only a few minutes yet produces results that last months with very little trauma to the skin.
I feel that I have provided you with ample reasons to call our office next week and take advantage of this great beauty gift, so I will leave you with this...
Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you?
Oscar Hammerstein II
Skin Care Drama
Recently a new patient arrived in the office requesting a consultation concerning her skin. The 30-40 something was concerned with fine lines, laxity, pore clogging and discoloration. Referred by a family member whose skin was "radiant" and "beautiful", this patient was seeking a regime that would render the same radiant, beautiful results for her. After careful examination, I made recommendations and proceeded with demonstrations of products along with written instructions and explanations for their use. The final part of the consultation included a question and answer session. The patient was examining the products and said "there are parabins in this product". "Yes", I said "that is only to preserve the product". "I only use products that are not harmful to my body", she said, thanked me for my time and left. The fact is one must treat what ails them and be realistic about their goals. Drama results from not having all of the information necessary to make an informed decision. Parabins are simply preservatives that have been proven to reduce bacterial and fungal growth in skin care products and cosmetics. SOME consumers believe that they cause cancer, influence estrogen levels and accumulate in tissues that would increase UVB mediated DNA damage. This thought stemming from a study that involved rats. The amount of parabins used in the study was 10,000 times what one would get from using skin care products with parabin. It does not apply to humans that is why the FDA continues to approve their use.
Conkright Aesthetics has three skin care lines, Obagi, Jan Marini Skin Research and Therapon. I like to think we have something for everyone. Not everyone has the same expectations, needs or budget, thus the goal statement at the beginning of the consultation appointment. Proper education about the products, their efficacy and safety are crucial and can save a lot of drama... Radiant, beautiful skin stems from using skin care products that will best cleanse, rejuvenate, resurface, hydrate and protect. Therapon products are parabin free but a lot less aggressive, come in smaller containers and do not address the needs of all. Obagi and Jan Marini do include parabin, but have products to address most skin care needs, are more aggressive and are available in larger sizes. All of the products offered in this office are only sold in physicians offices and offer 100% patient satisfaction.
Martha Hahus-Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Are you what you eat?
Recently there has been a lot of ''talk" about the ill-effects of eating sugary food, but we tend to skip over the topic of high fructose corn syrup-a sweetener that is commonly used in every day foods. While we tend to consume it on a daily basis (yes, you likely do, just take a look at your drink ingredients), we don't think about the negative effects it can have on our skin. Aside from potential weight gain, excessive intake of high fructose corn syrup may cause issues like cellulite, acne, hyper pigmentation and tooth decay.
One major reason is because our bodies don't recognize or process high fructose corn syrup, which causes it to react. No digestion is required. The sugars are more rapidly absorbed into your blood stream and fructose goes to the liver too fast and triggers the production of fats like triglycerides and cholesterol. So high fructose corn syrup causes you to gain weight, cause stress on your liver, and the SKIN (the body's largest organ) also reacts, causing a host of ailments.
Eliminating high fructose corn syrup can improve your mood, shrink the pores in your skin and create a more glowing complexion. Excessive appetite decreases along with central waist fat and cellulite can be less noticeable.
This high fructose corn syrup is in one of the foods we consume as soon as we wake...coffee creamer. Other culprits include cereals, some yogurt brands, and salad dressings, etc. Check you labels friends, try cutting high fructose corn syrup from your diet. Observe for improvement... We are what we eat.
Martha Hahus-Clinical Nurse Coordinator
"Botox isn't magic, its medicine"
The holidays are one of the busiest times of the year for Botox injections. Looking your best for all festivities and photos that go with them is very important. First time users and veterans alike are searching for the most economic and convenient appointment time. Often, shopping renders a less expensive price tag and maybe even a more convenient place or time of day for a busy schedule. Botox is a natural purified protein that relaxes muscles by blocking nerve impulses. Injecting this into the muscle causes them to relax and the skin to be smoother and youthful. That is the intent. It is necessary to put the tiny injections of Botox in the correct locations. Creating a look that is sinister or sleepy is not optimal. Seeking Botox magic is NOT in the medicine but in the technique of the injector. Careful consideration in patient selection is important. Result goals should be realistic! Like any investment, do your homework. It takes up to two weeks for Botox Cosmetic to reach maximum results. Generally you get what you pay for.
So when looking for the magic Botox this holiday season, remember it is medicine.
Conkright Aesthetics Toys for Tots Event
Toys For Tots Donations
Conkright Aesthetics hosted out first ever Toys for Tots event December 6th from 1-8 pm and it was a HUG SUCCESS! Thanks to our patients both new and old we raised over $600 in donations for the foundation. THAT IS GREAT! The event was set-up as an open house allowing anyone to stop in, drop off a new unwrapped toy worth $20 or more, or make a donation of $20 or more and they received 20% OFF any of our products or Aesthetic services. We provided food, refreshments, and delicious desserts throughout the day for all of our guests. The mission of the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation is to provide a tangible sign of hope to economically disadvantaged children at Christmas: i.e.-through a new toy at Christmas, a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters that will assist them into becoming responsible, productive, patriotic citizens. We at Conkright Aesthetics thought this would be a great way to celebrate the reason for the season, and thanks to you it was! I wish you all a very joyful holiday season, and again thank you, you helped make a child's Christmas very special.
Top 10 tips to help you stay beautiful FOREVER
Who doesn't want to look beautiful forever? Unfortunately, it is not as simple as it seems. But, that also does not mean it is rocket science to stay beautiful for years longer. It is a process and so it takes time. Here I present you with 10 tips to help you stay beautiful forever.
1. Visit Conkright Aesthetics for all of your cosmetic surgery and aesthetic needs.
2. Sleep your way to beauty: Haven't you always wanted to know the secret of Sleeping Beauty's beautiful skin? Sleep relaxes your mind and body, and helps get rid of stress. This is the reason they call it "Beauty Sleep".
3. Drink water: Our body consists of about 70% water, so when you drink less water, your skin cells dehydrate. Water cleanses and hydrates the skin, giving it a youthful and healthy glow.
4. Run from the sun: Avoid direct exposure from the sun. The harmful rays not only darken the skin, but also results in premature aging, wrinkles, dark spots and other skin problems.
5. Use sunscreen even in winter or on a cloudy day: Just because it appears to not be sunny, the sun's rays pass through the clouds and directly affect your skin.
6. Watch your diet: Whatever you eat influences you skin and hair. Carefully watch what you eat. Avoid junk and oily food. Instead, opt for fresh vegetables, salmon, lean meat and high fiber foods.
7. Moisturize, even if your skin is oily: A moisturizer helps to hydrate your skin and keeps it moist. It also cleanses your skin and makes it glow.
8. Look after your hair: Long or short; pick a hairstyle that suits you best. However, make sure that you look after your hair. Use a good shampoo followed by a conditioner.
9. Be beautiful from the inside: Beauty should be inside-out. We're all human, we all do things that are bad. However, if possible, avoid wishing bad for others. Concentrate on yourself and your life alone. When you start feeling positive, it will have an impact on your beauty.
10. Stay away from stress: A happy person always tends to look more beautiful than a person who is always sad. So, try to avoid being a tragedy queen. There are so many reasons to smile and be happy. So, push the stress in your life far away, get rid of any kind of negativity and, most importantly, smile!
I think the last tip sums it all up! so..SMILE!