2010 Spring Makeup Trends
Last week I brought you the newest trend information on Spring hairstyles and this week I'll be giving you the latest, hottest makeup trends this Spring!
1) Red Lips! They are still in, but be careful...you want to keep the rest of your makeup very minimal and natural looking. Your red lips will brighten up your entire face without the use of any other makeup!
2) Long, Thick Eyelashes. You can opt for the use of false eyelashes, or even try one of my personal favorite products-Latisse to help your lashes look longer, darker, and thicker. But you can even get this look by putting on a couple of coats of dark black mascara!
3) Bronzed Skin Is Back! You don't want to end up looking too fake or orange, so be careful when choosing a shade of bronzer. Match bronzed skin with a pink lip gloss and you are ready for the day!
4) Shimmer! Keep the shimmer on your eyes and/or your cheeks for a chic look this spring!
5) Coral! Yes, I said coral. I know some of your think of those over-tanned ladies from Florida when I mention this color. But coral is a very flattering color on most people especially in the form of a lip gloss which is how it is meant to be worn.
6) "No-Makeup" Look. Less is most certainly more! For those of you with porcelein skin, keep it simple this spring with only peach lips and a couple coats of black mascara.
7) Blush! For awhile, we weren't seeing too much blush being worn, but rather bronzer in the place of blush. Well ladies, blush has made it's return. It's sure to brighten anyone's face this time of year. Speak to a professional with help in picking out the perfect shade for your skin.
8) Blue/Green Eyeshadow. I know, most of you are thinking I am crazy...but this look can be pulled off with the proper material. It is important not to apply these eyeshadows too heavily, but rather create a smoky effect by mixing and matching a couple of shades of either green or blue.
9) Thick Eyeliner. For a night out on the town, be sure to add eyeliner on your eyes and make it thick! Don't forget to coat on mascara after applying your eyeliner.
10) Easter Egg Eyeshadow Colors. I've already mentioned green and blue eyeshadow and those are the 2 hottest colors for the spring. But also, pastel yellow, pinks, and greens are also all the rave!
I hope you find this tips useful while shopping for your new spring makeup! Have fun with your makeup this Spring and keep it exciting!
Getting ready for the holiday party
Can you believe it is that time of year already?! For me, 2009 has absolutely flown by and now as the year is coming to a close, holiday parties are keeping me very busy. For some, holiday parties are the one time of year the entire family or group of friends are able to get together so of course everyone wants to look their absolute best. No worries though, I am here to walk you through the hottest trends for the 2009 holiday season!
Let's start at the top of the body and work down ladies. When it comes to your hair, this year BIG is IN. Whether your hair is up or down, large curls are in. And there is a solution for those of you with pin straight, fine hair that doesn't like to hold curls--slicked back ponytails are also in. Be sure to accessorcize your hair with pins or headbands featuring sparkles or crystals.
It doesn't work many other times of the year, but the holiday season is a perfect time of the year to wear RED lipstick. If wearing red lipstick makes you a little nervous, try a red lipgloss. This will create a more sheer effect. Smoky eyes are also in this season, but don't wear red lipstick with smoky eyes--you will end up looking overdone. But if you plan on wearing a smoky eye, stick to a nude lipstick or lipgloss. One thing everyone should be doing this season is layering mascara to create long, lush lashes. In addition, keep the sparkles for your clothing or hair accessories-matte makeup is the only way to go this holiday season.
Hair and makeup can really pull an outfit together. But what should you be wearing this holiday season? The answer is: dresses! Long sleeve minidresses are all the rave. They show off some leg but keep you warmer than most dresses by having your arms covered. Or dress up the LBD this year but purchasing one with glitz and sparkles. One shoulder dresses are also a very elegant look. Floral prints in deep, rich colors are very festive and the hot color for clothing is--yep, you guessed it--PURPLE! It's been in season all fall and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Top off your look with some oversize hoop earrings, multi-strand pearls, peep-toe booties, and a leopard clutch.
The key to holiday looks this season is simplicity. Take one area of your look to make a statment and keep the rest simple. For instance, if you choose a sequin little black dress, pair it with peep-toe booties, a leopard clutch, large hoop earrings, smoky eyes with nude lips, and big, curly hair (sans the hair accessories).
Take this advice and you will be all the talk at the holiday parties!
Have a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend!