2010 Spring Fashion Trends
Spring is in the air and fashionista's around the world are ready to start donning their shorter, lighter fashion items for the warm weather! Year end and year out it seems trends are always changing so I'm hear to shed some light on the latest spring fashion trends!
1) Shoulder Pads. Yes, you heard right. I was able to speak with Jaye Moseley, owner of Excursions (a local fashion boutique Evansville, IN) who let me in on some of the latest trends, including this one. Shoulder pads these days are worn more subtle and the shoulder pads are thinner than they use to be making your shoulders look broader and your waistline slimmer.
2) Long Tops with Stretchy Pants. Whether you are wearing skinny jeans or leggings, slim leg lines are all the rage. Match them with a spring tunic top and you are ready to go!
3) Feminine Details. Bows, Ruffles and all things girly are really in style this Spring. I'm sure if you have walked around your local mall you have noticed this trend in store windows. Dress down a "party dress" by matching it with a cardigan and flats.
4) Nautical Look. Navy is certainly the color of NOW, but nautical stripes can be worn in various colors such as red and white. Match your striped skirt with a top bearing metallic details and you will be wearing one of the hottest trends this season!
5) Prints. Prints of all sorts will be seen this Spring. And it's okay to mix and match items with different prints, but be sure not to mix and match brights with pastels. Match a pastel with another pastel item and so on.
6) New Color Combos. Along the spring fashion runway were color combinations that we have not seen much of before. The most popular color combos for the spring are: gray & red, tan & orange, white & yellow, navy & turquoise.
7) Polka Dots. They have classic appeal and can be worn on women of any age and still look great! Dots in neutral colors, such as tan, are what you will find on many spring fashion pieces. Beware not to go overboard with the polka dots--big dots work best on the top OR on a skirt, but definitely not both.
8) Shorts. Keep yourself cool by wearing shorts this Spring. Match super short shorts with a loose top to balance out the outfit. Or try buying your shorts 1 size larger than you usually wear and tie them with a belt. Finish this look by rolling the cuffs up.
9) Animal Prints. I already mentioned that prints off all kinds are a hit this year, but animal prints are their own category! Whether it is leopard or zebra, animal prints are a big hit! If you aren't sure about wearing a top in this prints, then try accessorizing with a zebra print clutch or a leopard print cuff.
10) Leather. Most people can't pull off leather pants but they are back in style! For those of us who aren't brave enough to try out this look just yet, once again use this trend to accessorize your outfit. For example, leather shoes, purses, and cuffs!
I hope you have found these tips useful! Happy Shopping!