The Perfect Bra for YOU!
It can be tough finding the "perfect" bra for you, especially because most breasts are not made equal. One breast may be larger then the other, or you may need a special bra for a special occasion. The best place to start is your local lingerie boutique to have a professional bra fitter measure you for an accurate bra size. Most women are wearing the completely wrong bra size which can make wearing a bra very uncomfortable. Once you have acquired the perfect bra size for your body, it is time to start looking for your perfect bra!
- For a bra that feels like it is barely there look for a streamlined, molded cup style in a lightweight fabric. This will be good for everyday wear.
- For those women with 2 different breasts size, try placing a silicone insert into the side of your bra that is smaller. Or try the mix-and-match cups from Fruit of the Loom.
- For full coverage and strength to hold up larger breasts look for a bra with generous cups, thick side bands, and sturdy straps.
- For a bra to wear with your backless gown, try Nu Bra's Ultralite adhesive bra which sticks directly onto your skin.
- If you are looking for a large cup size with a small band size (such as a 30D), try Fantasie's Zoe bra. Bands start at 30 with cup sizes rising to a G.
- Looking to add more sex appeal? Pick a push-up bra to enhance your body, and play with colors and prints.
- For a bra that is not noticeable under a white T, search for a seamless skin-tone bra. The key is to find a bra that matches your complexion.
Every woman should own 3-5 everyday bras, plus a convertible strapless for special occasions and a high-impact sports bra for workouts. Most bras have a shelf life of about a year, but you must take care of them. Bras do not belong in washing machines, rather they should be hand washed with baby shampoo or gentle detergent. If you MUST use a washing machine, place them in a lingerie bag and run on the gentle cycle with cold water. Finally, always hang your bras to dry.