10 ways to look 5 years younger!
Below are some useful tricks to cut off 5 years from your appearance-and they are non-invasive!! You may be able to put some of the tips into place today because you will find that they involve items and products you very well could have in your house! ENJOY!
1. BRIGHTEN UP WITH CONCEALER-dab concealer on the inner and outer corners of eyes, the outer sides of nostrils, and either end of the lips and everything will suddenly lift up!
2. BE CAREFUL WITH COLOR-it is great to keep your hair color updated, but dying hair too dark looks unnatural, and if blond hair is over-highlighted the golden tones (which keep hair looking youthful and pretty) are lost.
3. PERK UP A SAGGY BUTT-check out the tag of your jeans before purchasing to make sure they have at least 2 percent stretch, like Lyrca. pants with more than 98% cotton will stretch out as soon as you wear them and give you no support.
4. SHINE ON-restore the healthy shine of hair with a clear, conditioning gloss. apply a shine serum daily for everyday sparkle!
5. FIND THE PERFECT BRA-get a professional bra fitting and try to ignore the letters and numbers. a good bra elevates your chest giving you a longer, slimmer-looking waist!
6. GIVE SOME LIP SERVICE-ditch those dark, matte lipsticks and try using a pink gloss. the brighter color makes your kisser appear fuller, younger, and smoother!
7. FAKE AN EYE LIFT-use a light-colored shadow near the lash line and a deeper shade in an arc above the crease where the lid is drooping. the result? a more wide-eyed, youthful look!
8. GET A LITTLE CHEEKY-as we age the fat pads in our face fall. but you can defy nature: dermalfillers last from 3 months and up, and you can see the skin-plumping effects right away! something a little more subtle to try is a bright pink blush. it will illuminate the cheekbone and draw the eye upward.
9. LOSE THE POWDER MAKEUP-as you get older and your skin produces less oil, dewy makeup is more flattering. consider switching to a light-weight tinted moisturizer with luminizing effects and cream versions of blush and bronzer. also, a few drops of well-placed shimmer on cheekbones are the makeup equivalent of good lighting!
10. MIX THINGS UP-always throw in something unexpected, like messy hair, a casual jacket, or flats with a fancy dress. it will energize your look by a decade!
information courtesy of InStyle Magazine, November 2009