Top Rated Sunless Tanning Products
I am back to follow up my previous post about sunless tanning products. Through research and my own personal use, I have collected my top 5 choices for sunless tanning products:
1) Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel. This product can be purchased at most department stores and at beauty supply stores such as Sephora. iT is easy to apply and will give you that natural tan you are searching for.
2) Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing Daily Moisturizer. This product I have personally used and absolutely love! It will moisturize your skin while gradually developing a tan. The color is maintained with continuous use. It is available at most drugstores
3) L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Pro Perfect Self Tanning Mist. This spray tan can be done in the comfort of your own home and takes just seconds to dry while developing your tan over the next few hours! However, it does take practice to get it just right.
4) Tan Towel Self-Tan Towelettes. Tan Towelettes are perfect for touching up any spots that you may have missed with your tanning mist or loition. It is not recommeded to use over the entire body because it will tend to streak and leave dark spots. But this product is an excellent one to keep in your bathroom cabinet for an emergency touch up session!
5) Mystic Tan. If you would much rather have a professional apply your tan, then I would highly recommend choosing salon that uses the Mystic Tan UV-Free Spray on Tanning. It is more expensive in the long run than any of the above products but will by far give you the best result. Mystic Tan can be found in tanning salons.
The Perfect Bra for YOU!
It can be tough finding the "perfect" bra for you, especially because most breasts are not made equal. One breast may be larger then the other, or you may need a special bra for a special occasion. The best place to start is your local lingerie boutique to have a professional bra fitter measure you for an accurate bra size. Most women are wearing the completely wrong bra size which can make wearing a bra very uncomfortable. Once you have acquired the perfect bra size for your body, it is time to start looking for your perfect bra!
- For a bra that feels like it is barely there look for a streamlined, molded cup style in a lightweight fabric. This will be good for everyday wear.
- For those women with 2 different breasts size, try placing a silicone insert into the side of your bra that is smaller. Or try the mix-and-match cups from Fruit of the Loom.
- For full coverage and strength to hold up larger breasts look for a bra with generous cups, thick side bands, and sturdy straps.
- For a bra to wear with your backless gown, try Nu Bra's Ultralite adhesive bra which sticks directly onto your skin.
- If you are looking for a large cup size with a small band size (such as a 30D), try Fantasie's Zoe bra. Bands start at 30 with cup sizes rising to a G.
- Looking to add more sex appeal? Pick a push-up bra to enhance your body, and play with colors and prints.
- For a bra that is not noticeable under a white T, search for a seamless skin-tone bra. The key is to find a bra that matches your complexion.
Every woman should own 3-5 everyday bras, plus a convertible strapless for special occasions and a high-impact sports bra for workouts. Most bras have a shelf life of about a year, but you must take care of them. Bras do not belong in washing machines, rather they should be hand washed with baby shampoo or gentle detergent. If you MUST use a washing machine, place them in a lingerie bag and run on the gentle cycle with cold water. Finally, always hang your bras to dry.
2010 Spring Fashion Trends
Spring is in the air and fashionista's around the world are ready to start donning their shorter, lighter fashion items for the warm weather! Year end and year out it seems trends are always changing so I'm hear to shed some light on the latest spring fashion trends!
1) Shoulder Pads. Yes, you heard right. I was able to speak with Jaye Moseley, owner of Excursions (a local fashion boutique Evansville, IN) who let me in on some of the latest trends, including this one. Shoulder pads these days are worn more subtle and the shoulder pads are thinner than they use to be making your shoulders look broader and your waistline slimmer.
2) Long Tops with Stretchy Pants. Whether you are wearing skinny jeans or leggings, slim leg lines are all the rage. Match them with a spring tunic top and you are ready to go!
3) Feminine Details. Bows, Ruffles and all things girly are really in style this Spring. I'm sure if you have walked around your local mall you have noticed this trend in store windows. Dress down a "party dress" by matching it with a cardigan and flats.
4) Nautical Look. Navy is certainly the color of NOW, but nautical stripes can be worn in various colors such as red and white. Match your striped skirt with a top bearing metallic details and you will be wearing one of the hottest trends this season!
5) Prints. Prints of all sorts will be seen this Spring. And it's okay to mix and match items with different prints, but be sure not to mix and match brights with pastels. Match a pastel with another pastel item and so on.
6) New Color Combos. Along the spring fashion runway were color combinations that we have not seen much of before. The most popular color combos for the spring are: gray & red, tan & orange, white & yellow, navy & turquoise.
7) Polka Dots. They have classic appeal and can be worn on women of any age and still look great! Dots in neutral colors, such as tan, are what you will find on many spring fashion pieces. Beware not to go overboard with the polka dots--big dots work best on the top OR on a skirt, but definitely not both.
8) Shorts. Keep yourself cool by wearing shorts this Spring. Match super short shorts with a loose top to balance out the outfit. Or try buying your shorts 1 size larger than you usually wear and tie them with a belt. Finish this look by rolling the cuffs up.
9) Animal Prints. I already mentioned that prints off all kinds are a hit this year, but animal prints are their own category! Whether it is leopard or zebra, animal prints are a big hit! If you aren't sure about wearing a top in this prints, then try accessorizing with a zebra print clutch or a leopard print cuff.
10) Leather. Most people can't pull off leather pants but they are back in style! For those of us who aren't brave enough to try out this look just yet, once again use this trend to accessorize your outfit. For example, leather shoes, purses, and cuffs!
I hope you have found these tips useful! Happy Shopping!
Christmas is right around the corner...only 7 days away!! I'm sure there are many people who have been finished shopping for their loved ones for months now, but then there are others of us who still need to brave the crowds to start AND complete Christmas shopping. Lucky for you, Conkright Aesthetics may have just what you are looking for!
Has a loved one mentioned an interest in plastic surgery? If so, it could become a one stop shop for your Christmas shopping at Dr. Conkright's office. There is a link to a full list of our plastic surgery prices on the main page of our website. All you need to do is stop by our office and our professional and knowledgeable staff will take it from there. If you choose to purchase a gift certificate for a plastic surgery procedure, we will write it out and place it in one of our custom made holiday gift bags (pictured above). A free moisturizing lotion also will be put in each gift bag!
So maybe the person you are trying to shop for is not interested in cosmetic surgery persay. Don't worry, Conkright Aesthetics also offers skin care products! Along with carrying products from skin care lines such as Obagi, we perform non-invasive procedures like Botox, Dermalfillers, and Microdermabrasions. You can either purchase products or any dollar amount you wish in the form of a gift certificate. These will also be placed in our custom made gift bags with a free moisturizing sample.
If you are looking for a relaxing and quick stop Holiday shopping experience, be sure to visit Conkright Aesthetics in Newburgh, Indiana. We are located at 4133 Gateway Boulevard (Suite 170) on the Deaconess Gateway Campus. Our office hours are Monday and Tuesday 8am-6pm, Wednesday and Thursday 8am-7pm, and Friday 8am-2pm. [We will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.]
We look forward to seeing you!
Getting ready for the holiday party
Can you believe it is that time of year already?! For me, 2009 has absolutely flown by and now as the year is coming to a close, holiday parties are keeping me very busy. For some, holiday parties are the one time of year the entire family or group of friends are able to get together so of course everyone wants to look their absolute best. No worries though, I am here to walk you through the hottest trends for the 2009 holiday season!
Let's start at the top of the body and work down ladies. When it comes to your hair, this year BIG is IN. Whether your hair is up or down, large curls are in. And there is a solution for those of you with pin straight, fine hair that doesn't like to hold curls--slicked back ponytails are also in. Be sure to accessorcize your hair with pins or headbands featuring sparkles or crystals.
It doesn't work many other times of the year, but the holiday season is a perfect time of the year to wear RED lipstick. If wearing red lipstick makes you a little nervous, try a red lipgloss. This will create a more sheer effect. Smoky eyes are also in this season, but don't wear red lipstick with smoky eyes--you will end up looking overdone. But if you plan on wearing a smoky eye, stick to a nude lipstick or lipgloss. One thing everyone should be doing this season is layering mascara to create long, lush lashes. In addition, keep the sparkles for your clothing or hair accessories-matte makeup is the only way to go this holiday season.
Hair and makeup can really pull an outfit together. But what should you be wearing this holiday season? The answer is: dresses! Long sleeve minidresses are all the rave. They show off some leg but keep you warmer than most dresses by having your arms covered. Or dress up the LBD this year but purchasing one with glitz and sparkles. One shoulder dresses are also a very elegant look. Floral prints in deep, rich colors are very festive and the hot color for clothing is--yep, you guessed it--PURPLE! It's been in season all fall and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Top off your look with some oversize hoop earrings, multi-strand pearls, peep-toe booties, and a leopard clutch.
The key to holiday looks this season is simplicity. Take one area of your look to make a statment and keep the rest simple. For instance, if you choose a sequin little black dress, pair it with peep-toe booties, a leopard clutch, large hoop earrings, smoky eyes with nude lips, and big, curly hair (sans the hair accessories).
Take this advice and you will be all the talk at the holiday parties!
Have a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend!