Last week I brought you the newest trend information on Spring hairstyles and this week I'll be giving you the latest, hottest makeup trends this Spring!
1) Red Lips! They are still in, but be careful...you want to keep the rest of your makeup very minimal and natural looking. Your red lips will brighten up your entire face without the use of any other makeup!
2) Long, Thick Eyelashes. You can opt for the use of false eyelashes, or even try one of my personal favorite products-Latisse to help your lashes look longer, darker, and thicker. But you can even get this look by putting on a couple of coats of dark black mascara!
3) Bronzed Skin Is Back! You don't want to end up looking too fake or orange, so be careful when choosing a shade of bronzer. Match bronzed skin with a pink lip gloss and you are ready for the day!
4) Shimmer! Keep the shimmer on your eyes and/or your cheeks for a chic look this spring!
5) Coral! Yes, I said coral. I know some of your think of those over-tanned ladies from Florida when I mention this color. But coral is a very flattering color on most people especially in the form of a lip gloss which is how it is meant to be worn.
6) "No-Makeup" Look. Less is most certainly more! For those of you with porcelein skin, keep it simple this spring with only peach lips and a couple coats of black mascara.
7) Blush! For awhile, we weren't seeing too much blush being worn, but rather bronzer in the place of blush. Well ladies, blush has made it's return. It's sure to brighten anyone's face this time of year. Speak to a professional with help in picking out the perfect shade for your skin.
8) Blue/Green Eyeshadow. I know, most of you are thinking I am crazy...but this look can be pulled off with the proper material. It is important not to apply these eyeshadows too heavily, but rather create a smoky effect by mixing and matching a couple of shades of either green or blue.
9) Thick Eyeliner. For a night out on the town, be sure to add eyeliner on your eyes and make it thick! Don't forget to coat on mascara after applying your eyeliner.
10) Easter Egg Eyeshadow Colors. I've already mentioned green and blue eyeshadow and those are the 2 hottest colors for the spring. But also, pastel yellow, pinks, and greens are also all the rave!
I hope you find this tips useful while shopping for your new spring makeup! Have fun with your makeup this Spring and keep it exciting!
2010 Spring Hair Trends
We are finally heading out of the winter blues, and onto a much more colorful time of the year-Spring! I'm here to let you in on the hottest hair trends of the spring season.
1) Keep hair simple and soft. The runway is full of clothes that have busy colors and bold patterns so keeping the hair simple is the way to go
2) Keep accessories minimal. A few exposed bobby pins are just enough.
3) Short, sporty cuts are the way to go. Think Victoria Beckham.
4) Don't fight your hair's natural texture. Go natural, whether it's wavy or straight.
5) RED is the hottest hue of the spring season. Be sure to never go more that 2 shades away from your natural hair color.
6) Speaking of red, bold color is what spring is all about. Whether it's caramel highlights throughout your dark locks, or a vibrant shade of blonde!
7) Chic Braids are THE way to style your hair this Spring. You can do a skinny french braid across your hair line, or pull all your hair together into one large braid swept to the front.
8) Long, luscious waves are super trendy. Go natural with your wavy hair this spring, or run a large barrel curling iron through your straight locks for a look that's different from everyday.
9) Super sleek locks are all the rave. Add some straightening serum to your locks after blowdrying for stick straight tresses.
10) Lucky for those who like to keep their hair out of your face, half updos are in. Anchor half your hair back with a couple of bobby pins or decorative clips.
As you can see, many hairstyles and hair colors are part of the Spring trend this year. You can work with your natural hair texture, switch up your hair color, and add a few bobby pins to keep your hair off your face and be right on cue with the hottest hairstyle this Spring!
NEW! Juvederm XC
The makers of Juvederm have now introduced an improved version of Juvederm. Juvederm XC creates a more comfortable patient experience. How you ask? Well, the new and improved Juvederm XC is now formulated with an anesthetic! This creates a more comfortable experience while still providing the same natural and smooth results as the original Juvederm.
For those of you who don't know, Juvederm is the only FDA approved hyaluronic acid filler approved to last up to 1 year. It is a commonly used filler used to smooth facial wrinkles and folds, most often for "smile lines".
Click the link below for further information on Juvederm and Juvederm XC.
Also-Juvederm has created a page on their website where you are able to upload a picture of yourself to see what you would look like after having Juvederm XC injected into your facial wrinkles and folds. It is a great tool to help you visualize how Juvederm could potentially smooth away your unwanted facial wrinkles!
Click below to see how you would look with Juvederm XC!
Contact our office at 812.842.0240 to set up an appointment to determine if Juvederm XC is right for you!
Breast Augmentation Class Recap
One week ago we held a breast augmentation class here at Dr. Conkright's office. It was the first time we have ever put together an event like this, but it turned out to be a huge success! We had a very nice crowd who filled up our lobby. A lot of individuals brought a friend with them too! We offered beverages, cheese, and fruit to all of our guests. We started the class with a brief introduction and then followed with a short video produced by the ASPS about breast augmentation. Dr. Conkright then took over and spoke about breast augmentation as he would in a normal consult setting. We had a computer hooked up to the TV so that at the end of Dr. Conkright's presentation he was able to show the class before and after pictures of our past breast augmentation patients (which are located right here on our website).
The class ended with a previous consult patient who modeled for the rest of the class. She stood up and gave the class a 360 so they could get a good look at what she looks like. Then, she tried on sizers (sample implants) that had been picked out by Dr. Conkright specifically for her. She then came back out to show the class a good idea of what she would look like after her breast augmentation surgery.
To finish the night, we asked each class attendee to speak with a Clinical Team Associate who gave each individual a coupon for breast surgery as well as an official quote. Most individuals decided to go ahead and schedule another appointment with Dr. Conkright so that he could measure them for implant size. A lot of the class attendees were even ready to schedule their surgery!
All in all, I would say our class was an absolute success and we look forward to having more classes like this in the future!