The Perfect Bra for YOU!
It can be tough finding the "perfect" bra for you, especially because most breasts are not made equal. One breast may be larger then the other, or you may need a special bra for a special occasion. The best place to start is your local lingerie boutique to have a professional bra fitter measure you for an accurate bra size. Most women are wearing the completely wrong bra size which can make wearing a bra very uncomfortable. Once you have acquired the perfect bra size for your body, it is time to start looking for your perfect bra!
- For a bra that feels like it is barely there look for a streamlined, molded cup style in a lightweight fabric. This will be good for everyday wear.
- For those women with 2 different breasts size, try placing a silicone insert into the side of your bra that is smaller. Or try the mix-and-match cups from Fruit of the Loom.
- For full coverage and strength to hold up larger breasts look for a bra with generous cups, thick side bands, and sturdy straps.
- For a bra to wear with your backless gown, try Nu Bra's Ultralite adhesive bra which sticks directly onto your skin.
- If you are looking for a large cup size with a small band size (such as a 30D), try Fantasie's Zoe bra. Bands start at 30 with cup sizes rising to a G.
- Looking to add more sex appeal? Pick a push-up bra to enhance your body, and play with colors and prints.
- For a bra that is not noticeable under a white T, search for a seamless skin-tone bra. The key is to find a bra that matches your complexion.
Every woman should own 3-5 everyday bras, plus a convertible strapless for special occasions and a high-impact sports bra for workouts. Most bras have a shelf life of about a year, but you must take care of them. Bras do not belong in washing machines, rather they should be hand washed with baby shampoo or gentle detergent. If you MUST use a washing machine, place them in a lingerie bag and run on the gentle cycle with cold water. Finally, always hang your bras to dry.
Kate Gosselin...the dancing queen?
Can you believe this picture is the same person? Kate Gosselin is almost unrecognizable (especially after shedding that awful hairdo), but I will say she does look quite gorgeous in my opinion. Although after spending a reported $35,000 on plastic surgery she should look amazing! That money was spent on a mommy makeover which consisted of tummy tuck, breast surgery, veneers, Botox, hair extensions, etc.
All of these things are very apparant while watching her on Dancing with the Stars twice a week which she was FINALLY voted off of last night. Let's be honest....her dancing skills were certainly not keeping her safe from elimination but her fans supported her so much that she made it through the first few weeks.
I've got to be honest when I say I never was a follower of the Gosselins, until the episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 when they announced their divorce. That was riveting television. Everyone had speculated, but it seemed no one believed it until the Gosselins themselves confirmed it. Somehow, even after the cancellation of Jon and Kate plus 8, Kate Gosselin has managed to keep herself in the limelight. Kate has written a couple of books which led to book tours across the country. She also has visited many talk shows and even served as co-host for quite some time on The View while Elizabeth Hasselback was on maternity leave. Next stop: Dancing with the Stars.
I don't think anyone ever imagined Kate Gosselin would be that bad at dancing. Once again, I was also not a follower of Dancing with the Stars but came across the show one evening this year while flipping through the channels only to stop long enough to catch the dancing trainwreck that was Kate Gosselin. It was painful. I mean absolutely painful to watch, but for some reason I tuned in week after week just to watch Kate Gosselin dance.
For some strange reason I have a feeling this will not be the last we see of Kate Gosselin. So my question is: What will Kate's next step be to keep herself in the Hollywood limelight?
Obagi Vitamin C Serum
We are very excited to introduce a new Obagi product we are now carrying here at Conkright Aesthetics! The product is a professional grade Vitamin C Serum. I personally use this product and absolutely love it! It really helps dry out the excess oil my skin has as well as create an unbelievable glow to my face. So if you are like me and you want to keep your skin looking young and healthy, reduce and minimize premature signs of aging and you desire maximum antioxidant protection than this product is just right for you!
Obagi Vitamin C Serum is easy to use. Simply apply a few drops to your face, neck, chest and around your eyes in the morning for maximum daily skin protection benefits. It is also quickly absorbed providing immediate antioxidant benefits that won't rub or wash off. On top of that, it has lasting stability which leads to greater efficacy.
Professional-C Serum Antioxidant Therapy:
•Helps to prevent signs of premature aging, including fine lines and wrinkles
•Helps to protect against future skin damage
•Stimulates collagen production for firmer, more resilient skin
•Lightens and brightens skin for more even tone
•Moisturizes and increases skin hydration for a softer, smoother texture
Most individuals can do nothing but benefit from a product such as this so stop by our office to pick up your bottle of Obagi Vitamin-C Serum!
2010 Spring Fashion Trends
Spring is in the air and fashionista's around the world are ready to start donning their shorter, lighter fashion items for the warm weather! Year end and year out it seems trends are always changing so I'm hear to shed some light on the latest spring fashion trends!
1) Shoulder Pads. Yes, you heard right. I was able to speak with Jaye Moseley, owner of Excursions (a local fashion boutique Evansville, IN) who let me in on some of the latest trends, including this one. Shoulder pads these days are worn more subtle and the shoulder pads are thinner than they use to be making your shoulders look broader and your waistline slimmer.
2) Long Tops with Stretchy Pants. Whether you are wearing skinny jeans or leggings, slim leg lines are all the rage. Match them with a spring tunic top and you are ready to go!
3) Feminine Details. Bows, Ruffles and all things girly are really in style this Spring. I'm sure if you have walked around your local mall you have noticed this trend in store windows. Dress down a "party dress" by matching it with a cardigan and flats.
4) Nautical Look. Navy is certainly the color of NOW, but nautical stripes can be worn in various colors such as red and white. Match your striped skirt with a top bearing metallic details and you will be wearing one of the hottest trends this season!
5) Prints. Prints of all sorts will be seen this Spring. And it's okay to mix and match items with different prints, but be sure not to mix and match brights with pastels. Match a pastel with another pastel item and so on.
6) New Color Combos. Along the spring fashion runway were color combinations that we have not seen much of before. The most popular color combos for the spring are: gray & red, tan & orange, white & yellow, navy & turquoise.
7) Polka Dots. They have classic appeal and can be worn on women of any age and still look great! Dots in neutral colors, such as tan, are what you will find on many spring fashion pieces. Beware not to go overboard with the polka dots--big dots work best on the top OR on a skirt, but definitely not both.
8) Shorts. Keep yourself cool by wearing shorts this Spring. Match super short shorts with a loose top to balance out the outfit. Or try buying your shorts 1 size larger than you usually wear and tie them with a belt. Finish this look by rolling the cuffs up.
9) Animal Prints. I already mentioned that prints off all kinds are a hit this year, but animal prints are their own category! Whether it is leopard or zebra, animal prints are a big hit! If you aren't sure about wearing a top in this prints, then try accessorizing with a zebra print clutch or a leopard print cuff.
10) Leather. Most people can't pull off leather pants but they are back in style! For those of us who aren't brave enough to try out this look just yet, once again use this trend to accessorize your outfit. For example, leather shoes, purses, and cuffs!
I hope you have found these tips useful! Happy Shopping!
2010 Spring Makeup Trends
Last week I brought you the newest trend information on Spring hairstyles and this week I'll be giving you the latest, hottest makeup trends this Spring!
1) Red Lips! They are still in, but be careful...you want to keep the rest of your makeup very minimal and natural looking. Your red lips will brighten up your entire face without the use of any other makeup!
2) Long, Thick Eyelashes. You can opt for the use of false eyelashes, or even try one of my personal favorite products-Latisse to help your lashes look longer, darker, and thicker. But you can even get this look by putting on a couple of coats of dark black mascara!
3) Bronzed Skin Is Back! You don't want to end up looking too fake or orange, so be careful when choosing a shade of bronzer. Match bronzed skin with a pink lip gloss and you are ready for the day!
4) Shimmer! Keep the shimmer on your eyes and/or your cheeks for a chic look this spring!
5) Coral! Yes, I said coral. I know some of your think of those over-tanned ladies from Florida when I mention this color. But coral is a very flattering color on most people especially in the form of a lip gloss which is how it is meant to be worn.
6) "No-Makeup" Look. Less is most certainly more! For those of you with porcelein skin, keep it simple this spring with only peach lips and a couple coats of black mascara.
7) Blush! For awhile, we weren't seeing too much blush being worn, but rather bronzer in the place of blush. Well ladies, blush has made it's return. It's sure to brighten anyone's face this time of year. Speak to a professional with help in picking out the perfect shade for your skin.
8) Blue/Green Eyeshadow. I know, most of you are thinking I am crazy...but this look can be pulled off with the proper material. It is important not to apply these eyeshadows too heavily, but rather create a smoky effect by mixing and matching a couple of shades of either green or blue.
9) Thick Eyeliner. For a night out on the town, be sure to add eyeliner on your eyes and make it thick! Don't forget to coat on mascara after applying your eyeliner.
10) Easter Egg Eyeshadow Colors. I've already mentioned green and blue eyeshadow and those are the 2 hottest colors for the spring. But also, pastel yellow, pinks, and greens are also all the rave!
I hope you find this tips useful while shopping for your new spring makeup! Have fun with your makeup this Spring and keep it exciting!
2010 Spring Hair Trends
We are finally heading out of the winter blues, and onto a much more colorful time of the year-Spring! I'm here to let you in on the hottest hair trends of the spring season.
1) Keep hair simple and soft. The runway is full of clothes that have busy colors and bold patterns so keeping the hair simple is the way to go
2) Keep accessories minimal. A few exposed bobby pins are just enough.
3) Short, sporty cuts are the way to go. Think Victoria Beckham.
4) Don't fight your hair's natural texture. Go natural, whether it's wavy or straight.
5) RED is the hottest hue of the spring season. Be sure to never go more that 2 shades away from your natural hair color.
6) Speaking of red, bold color is what spring is all about. Whether it's caramel highlights throughout your dark locks, or a vibrant shade of blonde!
7) Chic Braids are THE way to style your hair this Spring. You can do a skinny french braid across your hair line, or pull all your hair together into one large braid swept to the front.
8) Long, luscious waves are super trendy. Go natural with your wavy hair this spring, or run a large barrel curling iron through your straight locks for a look that's different from everyday.
9) Super sleek locks are all the rave. Add some straightening serum to your locks after blowdrying for stick straight tresses.
10) Lucky for those who like to keep their hair out of your face, half updos are in. Anchor half your hair back with a couple of bobby pins or decorative clips.
As you can see, many hairstyles and hair colors are part of the Spring trend this year. You can work with your natural hair texture, switch up your hair color, and add a few bobby pins to keep your hair off your face and be right on cue with the hottest hairstyle this Spring!