As with any surgery, most people are a little nervous to go under the knife. It also doesn't help ones nerves when they are faced with numerous rumors about plastic surgery, especially breast augmentation. Breast augmentation is a very popular cosmetic and with that comes many rumors. Well, I'm here to confront 10 thoughts many people have probably heard when discussing breast augmentation. All 10 thoughts below are MYTHS.
1) IT'S POSSIBLE TO TELL WHEN SOMEONE HAS BREAST IMPLANTS
Of course you cannot tell when someone has breast implants! You could only know this if you asked every woman you passed walking down the street. Most women with implants look natural, and if you choose Dr. Conkright as your surgeon then you know your end result will be very natural looking breasts. (Just check out our before and after pictures on this website!)
2) IT'S EASY TO DETECT A RUPTURE OR TEAR IN A SILICONE GEL IMPLANT
Unlike saline filled implants, which lose their shape when a leak occurs, silicone ruptures are silent and may go unnoticed for years. An MRI is the most definitive method for determining a rupture or tear. The large majority of breast augmentations Dr. Conkright performs are with saline implants, not only for this reason but also because they are significantly less expensive than silicone implants.
3) AN UNDERWIRE BRA SHOULD NEVER BE WORN WITH IMPLANTS
This is completely false. And actually, an underwire bra is a good option because it will help support your breasts better than a bra with no underwire.
4) LOWER PRICED BREAST SURGERY DOESN'T COMPROMISE THE RESULT
Fees will vary from plastic surgeon to plastic surgeon, but there is a certain floor beneath which prices cannot drop. There are costs associated with good implants, a certified operation room, a board-certified anesthesiologist, and a surgeon certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. If you are thinking about breast augmentation with Dr. Conkright then you will be happy to know that Dr. Conkright meets all the criteria listed above!
5) AUGMENTATION SURGERY IS PAINFUL
Actually augmentation is one of the least painful cosmetic surgeries out there. This surgery should only cause minor discomfort, which is easily relieved with a mild pain pill. Patients should be able to drive within a few days and return to work within 4-7 days.
6) MAMMOGRAMS ARE NOT POSSIBLE WITH IMPLANTS
Placing implants under the chest muscle, which is the only way Dr. Conkright performs the procedure, helps with mammograms and allows excellent results.
7) BREAST IMPLANTS CAUSE CANCER
False. Studies and experimental data have not been able to link breast implants with cancer.
8) BREAST IMPLANTS MUST BE REMOVED EVERY 10 YEARS
No specific data exists on the duration for the life of implants. Implants may last a lifetime or only a few years, depending on various medical factors. The most common need for the removal of an implant is a leak or rupture which occurs a lot less often than most people think.
9) I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BREASTFEED WITH IMPLANTS
There is no medical evidence to show that breast implants interfere with breastfeeding. The ability to breastfeed successfully varies in all women, with or without implants.
10) BREAST AUGMENTATION IS UNAFFORDABLE
Some people believe only celebrities can afford to have plastic surgery, but this is not the case at all. Here at Conkright Aesthetics breast augmentation is currently $3,995 when paying by cashier's check, debit card, or cash. If you will be paying by credit card, or would like to take advantage of any of our 3 financing options, the total price is $4,195. The price includes all pre-operative visits, post-operative visits, Dr. Conkright's fees, implant fees, facility fees, and anesthesia fees.
We hope straightening out some of the myths about breast augmentation has made your decision just a little bit easier. Dr. Conkright has over 25 years experience in plastic surgery and has performed over 4,000 breast augmentations! Call today to schedule a complimentary consult and begin your journey to a more beautiful you.
Invest in Yourself
Looking for high yield?
Over the last 20 years I've watched my patients invest the time, money and effort to feel better about themselves. Often it appeared that they held their head higher, were more cheerful and really had more energy. Recently an abdominoplasty patient shared that since her 60 pound weight loss and tummy tuck she could get more accomplished during the day. Her husband added that the weight loss and surgery had positively affected every aspect of her life and as a result his was better.
www.selfesteem4women.com defines self esteem as the extent to which we like and respect ourselves. How much do you like yourself? Here is a quick exercise: Write down 10 things that really matter to you. Active things like relationships with a partner, a days work that you can be proud of, losing weight, etc. Maintaining self esteem takes work. We live in the real world, not a fantasy world. High self esteem depends on a great many things that you do, not just on what you think of yourself. Improving your self esteem is a journey that requires commitment to do well in the aspects of your life that matter most to you.
High yield comes as a result of hard work and a lifetime commitment to improve the quality of your own life and the lives of those around you.
DID is a word of achievement
WON'T is a word of retreat
MIGHT is a word of bereavement
CAN'T is a word of defeat
OUGHT is a word of duty
TRY is a word each hour
WILL is a word of beauty
CAN is a word of power
Each year we have 365 days and in each day 24 hours. It is up to us to use time most effectively. "Fail to plan and you plan to fail." Make obtainable goals and make a plan to get there.
It has been written that people with high esteem make more money, have a better love life, live longer, and are generally happier and healthier. They accept challenge, work to develop new skills, enjoy meeting new people and being with others, as well as adapt to change more effectively.
Before Botox and Dermal Fillers
After Botox and Dermal Fillers
Pictured is a BOTOX and DERMAL FILLER patient who in her words "works out daily and wanted her face to match her 30 year old body." Her latest photo demonstrates her high yield. She made a plan and followed it.
INVEST IN YOURSELF! YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10 ways to look 5 years younger!
Below are some useful tricks to cut off 5 years from your appearance-and they are non-invasive!! You may be able to put some of the tips into place today because you will find that they involve items and products you very well could have in your house! ENJOY!
1. BRIGHTEN UP WITH CONCEALER-dab concealer on the inner and outer corners of eyes, the outer sides of nostrils, and either end of the lips and everything will suddenly lift up!
2. BE CAREFUL WITH COLOR-it is great to keep your hair color updated, but dying hair too dark looks unnatural, and if blond hair is over-highlighted the golden tones (which keep hair looking youthful and pretty) are lost.
3. PERK UP A SAGGY BUTT-check out the tag of your jeans before purchasing to make sure they have at least 2 percent stretch, like Lyrca. pants with more than 98% cotton will stretch out as soon as you wear them and give you no support.
4. SHINE ON-restore the healthy shine of hair with a clear, conditioning gloss. apply a shine serum daily for everyday sparkle!
5. FIND THE PERFECT BRA-get a professional bra fitting and try to ignore the letters and numbers. a good bra elevates your chest giving you a longer, slimmer-looking waist!
6. GIVE SOME LIP SERVICE-ditch those dark, matte lipsticks and try using a pink gloss. the brighter color makes your kisser appear fuller, younger, and smoother!
7. FAKE AN EYE LIFT-use a light-colored shadow near the lash line and a deeper shade in an arc above the crease where the lid is drooping. the result? a more wide-eyed, youthful look!
8. GET A LITTLE CHEEKY-as we age the fat pads in our face fall. but you can defy nature: dermalfillers last from 3 months and up, and you can see the skin-plumping effects right away! something a little more subtle to try is a bright pink blush. it will illuminate the cheekbone and draw the eye upward.
9. LOSE THE POWDER MAKEUP-as you get older and your skin produces less oil, dewy makeup is more flattering. consider switching to a light-weight tinted moisturizer with luminizing effects and cream versions of blush and bronzer. also, a few drops of well-placed shimmer on cheekbones are the makeup equivalent of good lighting!
10. MIX THINGS UP-always throw in something unexpected, like messy hair, a casual jacket, or flats with a fancy dress. it will energize your look by a decade!
information courtesy of InStyle Magazine, November 2009
Many plastic surgeons, including Dr. Conkright, are performing "Mommy Makeovers". A Mommy Makeover is a combination of a tummy tuck, breast augmentation or lift and frequently liposuction that are all performed in one session. One particular woman who has not been shy discussing her mommy makeover is Hollywood actress Patricia Heaton, pictured above. So for all you mommies out there, listen up! You may find yourself having the same complaints about your body as listed below.
1) "I have flat, saggy breasts that are smaller now than before I was pregnant." Pregnancy causes the breasts to grow very rapidly. But after giving birth, breasts return to their pre-pregnancy size and sometimes even smaller. Also, the stretched skin may be unable to bounce back. There are 3 solutions:
-Breast Lift: If you are happy with your current breast size, but would like them to be perky again, this may be the solution for you!
-Breast Augmentation: If you are happy with the position of your breast, but would like them a little fuller, this may be the solution for you!
-Breast Lift with Implants: If you are unhappy with both the size and position of your breast, you may consider a breast lift with Implants.
2) "My stomach isn't as flat as it was before baby." A soft, flabby belly can be due to overstretched abdominal muscles. It takes a lot of hard work to get your pre-pregnancy stomach back, but sometimes even after hundreds of crunches and hours of cardio at the gym many women still have stretched out skin and a post-pregnancy pooch. The solution?
-Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck will take care of all the abdominal issues experienced post-pregnancy like stretch marks, excess skin and stretched abdominal wall.
3) "I've been dieting and exercising for months, but I still have saddlebags." As the body changes during pregnancy and weight accumulates, some areas, such as the inner and outer thighs, are harder to get back into shape than others. The solution?
-Liposuction: The lower body is one of the most popular areas treated through lipsosuction because it can be the most resistant to change. If after diet and exercise, you are still experiencing unruly saddlebags and love handles, liposuction may be for you!
Ladies, if you have any of the same concerns as above, now is as good as time as ever to call Dr. Conkright and set up a complimentary consult. It is time for you to do something for yourself and to be comfortable with your body once again!
Older Job Seekers Look To Plastic Surgery
As unemployment hits record highs, older job seekers are looking at plastic surgery to give them an edge over young professionals entering the workforce. While companies are trying to survive this economic crisis, they look at laying off individuals in efforts to cut back on expenses. The biggest shock comes to older employees, most who have been been employed for many many years. Once in a secure job position, older individuals are now having to compete with fresh, young talent who are also searching for a job.
A survery by the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, found that 75% of physicians say they had treated patients who wanted plastic surgery to stay competetive in the workplace. We all know how important first impressions are when meeting someone, especially a future employer. Part of your first impression of an individual is their outward appearance. Older job seekers look at plastic surgery as an investment that will pay off in the long run because it will help them land a job.
Whether you are looking to freshen up your look in hopes of securing a job or simply to make yourself feel better, call today to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Conkright! We would love to assist you in whatever cosmetic procedure your desire!
Hello and welcome to beautifultoo.com, the official website for Dr. J Michael Conkright. At Conkright Aesthetics we are committed to providing the highest level of professional service to each and every one of our patients. We strive to form a solid relationship with our patients through learning about you and your goals. Dr. Conkright's approach to plastic surgery is to create a more beautiful you. A natural look can be the result of plastic surgery and that is the kind of result you will receive with Dr. Conkright as your plastic surgeon. We take pride in the fact that our number one referal source is previous patients. The fact that past patients are willing to send their friends and family members to Conkright Aesthetics speaks for itself.
Throughout our website you can find information, as well as before and after pictures, of all the procedures Dr. Conkright performs. Information about skin care and non-invasive procedures such as Botox, Evolence, and Obagi Skin Care can also be found on our site. These procedures are performed by Martha Hahus, our Clincial Nurse Coordinator who has been with Dr. Conkright since 1987.
We hope you enjoy the all new redesigned website and blog! There will be new blog entries weekly filled with helpful information pertaining to current events in plastic surgery, office happenings at Conkright Aesthetics, and much much more!! Be sure to check back often!